Motor Coach Driver Trainer – Full Time
Locations: - Green Bay
- Work within the established on-boarding protocol to train incoming drivers on Lamers equipment; in accordance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Train on coach requirements such as; proper use of wheelchair lift, use of snow chains, and other relevant training to ensure regulatory, safety, and service related procedures are in place and meet standards.
- Ability to train drivers on service excellence and service delivery in accordance with Lamers service standards and best practice.
- Conduct ongoing training and cross-training of the company's fleet of vehicles and various routes.
- Work with Safety and Compliance Manager, and management staff, to provide remedial training in classroom curriculum, over-the-road safe driving practices, and rules of the road.
- Follows and maintains thorough working knowledge of all state and federal DOT and FMCSA policies and procedures.
- Administers written and behind -the-wheel tests for all drivers on Lamers equipment with an emphasis on training drivers on equipment of varying sizes and complexity on designated routes.
- Train and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; counsel and recommend disciplinary actions and recommend removal of applicants from the training program, as appropriate.
- Assist in the evaluation of both new and existing bus drivers with the goal of assessing training needs and identifying top performers
- Provide feedback to management of candidates’ abilities and recommendations for hiring.
- Participate as an arm of the Safety and Compliance department to assist in the investigation of vehicular accidents that take place in the field involving tour buses; as requested and assigned.
- Assist the Operation’s Manager as need and when required.
- Drive Motor Coach during peak periods including multi-bus trips in both revenue and training capacities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of Class A and/or B driving experience
- Experience with Motor Coach highly preferred,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Flexible schedule, weekend availability is a must.
- Strong understanding of principles, methods, techniques and strategies of behind the wheel driving practices.
- Strong understanding of the State Motor Vehicle Code and applicable laws to the operation of vehicles requiring a Class-B license.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Proven organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills – must be proactive and have good record keeping skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities – must be a self-starter, be self-motivated, a driven individual with a strong sense of urgency.
- Detail oriented, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to be a strategic thinker with exemplary judgement and decision making.
- Active Listening and critical thinking.
- Customer service orientated - constantly look for ways to help people and be a solution-based problem solver.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Commercial Driving experience required. Over the road experience desirable.
- Possession of a Class-B license w/passenger endorsement and Air Brakes
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of the community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work together to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.