Safety and Hiring Office Assistant
- Work on coach/school bus new hires, road checks, training, physicals, background checks and re-training of existing drivers.
- Work on driver recruiting to maintain a flow of driver applicants.
- Review applications for motor coach/school bus applicants. Perform background checks and select applicants that meet our minimum hiring standards. Interview applicants and determine which applicants are a good match for school bus driving.
- Address legitimate safety concerns brought forth by employees.
- Assist with license plates registration stickers and insurance packets and other red book updates.
- Assist manager in controlling costs and waste associated with abuse of materials, open doors, AC, heat, lights
- Obtain CDL and School Bus endorsements.
- Assist with applicants in the training process to assure that classroom and behind the wheel training is complete.
- Complete and maintain driver qualification files in accordance with State, Federal laws and Company policies.
- Needs the education from a Technical College setting or a minimum of two years of experience working and functioning in a transportation office setting, with a variety of office equipment.
- Handle the telephone system with the ability to speak clearly in English. Listen to customers’ needs and be able to provide the help the caller needs or direct the caller to the appropriate department. A polite, professional voice is important.
- Daily usage of computer keyboard and printer is required.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment, such as copy machine, adding machine, fax machine.
- Must be able to meet the job description of School Bus Driver (attached), obtain a class B CDL with the appropriate endorsement and free of an airbrake restriction and drive bus as needed. Lamers Bus Lines has an in-house training program to help you get CDL.
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of the community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work together to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.