Lamers Bus Lines is now hiring an Operations Assistant Manager for School Bus Routes, Shuttles, Trips and Charters. This position regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and works under general supervision. Previous experience in school bus routing, logistics, or transportation is beneficial but not required, and applicants should be able to obtain and maintain a CDL license with proper endorsements.
• Knowledge of student transportation or commercial transportation operations is preferred, but not required. (Training Provided).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• CDL license with all proper classes and endorsements. (Training provided) Will have to drive company vehicles as needed.
• Computer experience in a business or education environment.
• Must provide strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
• Assistance and oversight of school bus routes, shuttles, trips, and charters.
• Assist in maintaining compliance with District, State, and Federal requirements and regulations.
• Process and assist with hiring of drivers.
• Maintain vigilance toward safety – on site and with drivers.
• When necessary, assist with driving duties
• Monitor general fleet condition, as it pertains to optimal fleet availability.
• Office and facility upkeep, environment.
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of your community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.