Lamers Bus Lines is hiring and Administrative Office Assistant, working with school bus and motor coach charter operations.
This position works primarily in an office setting for a transportation company with a variety of office duties. Excellent communication/organizational skills will be required and utilized on a daily basis as well as extensive telephone usage and data entry. Quoting and booking charter trips and dealing with customer concerns will become part of the daily duties as person gains experience and ability.
- Needs the education from a Technical College setting or a minimum two years experience working and functioning in an office setting, with a variety of office equipment.
- Handle the telephone system with the ability to speak clearly in English. Listen to customer needs and be able to provide the help the caller needs or direct the caller to the appropriate department. A polite, professional voice is important, along with good work ethic.
- Daily usage of computer keyboard and printer is required.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment, such as copy machine, adding machine, fax machine/scanner.
- Willing to meet the job description of School Bus Driver, obtain a class B CDL with the appropriate endorsement and free of an airbrake restriction and drive bus as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Tasks that must be performed
- Relay messages to correct drivers, and handle concerns of drivers.
- Answer incoming calls. Handle if able to, or direct to correct person/department.
- Charter Responsibilities
1) Take reservations for charters and enter the trips into the computer, send out confirmations.
2) Responsible for giving accurate estimates for charter trips using a rate sheet.
3) Verify that all trips are confirmed and file signed confirmations.
4) Print manifests daily and distribute to drivers.
5) Make maps for drivers when needed.
6) Responsible for documentation of incoming money.
- Handle complaints and accurately transcribe for supervisor.
- Additional office/terminal duties will be assigned by terminal manager as needed.
ABOUT LAMERS BUS LINES: Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of your community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and remains a leader in school bus and motor coach transportation. Together we work to provide our passengers safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.