Lamers Bus Lines is now hiring school bus drivers for daily routes (AM, PM, or both), and drivers for after school sports and activities. Train now during the summer and be ready to go for the start of the next school year!
We make training to be a school bus driver as easy as possible. First, we help you learn and study for the written test. Then we start behind-the-wheel training, learning pre-trip steps and how to drive your yellow bus.
• A Good Driving Record.
• At least 4 years of experience driving ANY vehicle.
• To be at least 21 years old.
• To pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Our school bus work falls into these two categories:
Routes: School Bus Routes typically take place before school, middle of the school day and after school. You can choose to drive in the morning only, in the afternoon only or both if your schedule allows. Route drivers don’t have to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Charters: School Bus Charter trips are mostly field trips or after school activities and athletics. In addition it could entail shuttling for weekend events, for those who are interested.
There are a lot of opportunities to drive and earn, but how much you work is up to you. School Bus Driving is flexible and can be designed to work around your life.
WHAT LAMERS OFFERS
• Comprehensive school bus CDL training program
• High hourly wages. Experience pays.
• Part time hours
• Child ride-along program for school bus route drivers
• 401(k) and profit sharing programs
• Nights, weekends, holidays off for route drivers
• Afternoon, evening and weekend charter work available
• Drivers can qualify for health insurance after meeting requirements.
ABOUT LAMERS BUS LINES
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of your community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees long-term and stable employment. Together we work to provide our passengers safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.