Lamers Bus Lines is now hiring a school bus manager. This manager will direct and lead the daily functions, regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and works under general supervision. Manager candidates should have previous school bus management and routing experience and be able to obtain and maintain a CDL license with proper endorsements.
• Well-versed in student transportation.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• CDL license with all proper classes and endorsements. Will have to drive company vehicles as needed.
• Computer efficiency.
• Must provide strong communication, leadership and organizational skills, directing and monitoring office staff, drivers, and mechanics.
• Work daily on sales — pricing and booking school bus charters as needed.
• Maintain vigilance toward safety – on site and with drivers.
• Maintain and monitor equipment condition for safety and efficiency. Make sure any needed repairs are completed.
• Monitor customer relations and payments.
• Employee hiring based on specific company standards.
• When necessary, assist with driving duties
• Monitor general fleet maintenance and it pertains to good fleet availability.
• Grounds and building maintenance.