Lamers Bus Lines is now hiring a full-time operations assistant for the school bus department. The School Bus Operations Assistant will assist the terminal manager in coordinating the day-to-day operations of the school bus terminal.
This person will work under general supervision on tasks that are specialized and require special training, experience and knowledge. Work will take place primarily in an office setting, with a variety of office duties. Excellent communication and organization skills are required, with detail/accuracy a must. Extensive telephone usage and data entry will occur. Applicants should have previous transportation office experience, and preferred school bus office experience.
Obtaining and maintaining a CDL with proper endorsements will be required. In-house training is provided for CDL.
- Take reservations for school bus, give accurate pricing for trips and enter trips into booking system.
- Answer incoming calls. Handle if able to, or direct to correct department.
- Check off drivers and work with two-way radio during route times and throughout the day. Relay messages to drivers and handle concerns.
- Work with school district to arrange transportation for charters and routes. Keep routes operating smoothly.
- Fill in on school routes and/or charter trips as necessary as a school bus driver.
- Work with drivers on daily basis. Provide route and charter information and maintain a good relationship with drivers. Make sure they have what they need to do their job effectively.
- Be capable of equipping buses with appropriate restraints (wheelchair straps, harnesses, car seats).
- Weekend duty rotation with other office staff may occur.
Benefits include: Compensation based on experience, Health insurance program, Sick pay program, Life insurance, Dependent life insurance, Short and long term disability options, Direct deposit, Dental insurance & vision insurance options, Profit sharing program, 401(k) program, Paid holidays & paid vacation, Flexible spending account options, and career mobility, Lamers promotes from within the company.
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of the community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.