Lamers Bus Lines is looking for a terminal manager to direct and lead the daily functions, regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and work under general supervision.
Manager candidates should have previous transportation experience and be able to obtain and maintain a CDL license with proper endorsements. This position can be full time, or part time — coverage needs to be between 5:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on days school is in session or as needed based on time of year.
• Management education from four-year college or technical college – or a minimum of two years management experience of transportation company.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to speak clearly in English and listen to customer needs to provide or direct assistance.
• CDL license with all proper classes and endorsements. Will have to drive company vehicles as needed.
• Computer efficiency
• Employee hiring based on specific company standards.
• Must provide strong leadership and organizational skills, directing and monitoring office staff, drivers, and mechanics.
• Work daily on sales — pricing and booking school bus charters as needed.
• Attract new business while maintaining relationships with current customers. • Maintain vigilance toward safety – on site and with drivers.
• Maintain and monitor equipment condition for safety and efficiency. Make sure any needed repairs are completed.
• Monitor customer relations and payments.
• When necessary, assist with driving duties
• Monitor general fleet maintenance and it pertains to good fleet availability.
• Grounds and building maintenance.
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of your community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.