Lamers Bus Lines is looking for a transportation operations manager to direct and lead the daily functions, regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment and work under general supervision. Manager candidates should have previous transportation management experience and be able to obtain and maintain a CDL license with proper endorsements.
- Management education from a two-or four-year college – or a minimum of two years management experience from a transportation company.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to speak clearly in English and listen to customer needs to provide or direct assistance.
- CDL license with proper classes and endorsements. Will have to drive company vehicles as needed. Lamers can provide training if needed.
- Computer efficiency for typing, using Microsoft Word and Excel programs as well as ability to learn in house software programs.
- Employee hiring based on specific company standards.
- Must provide strong leadership and organizational skills, directing and monitoring office staff, drivers, and mechanics.
- Work daily on sales — pricing and booking school bus charters as needed.
- Attract new business while maintaining relationships with current customers. • Maintain vigilance toward safety – on site and with drivers.
- Maintain and monitor equipment condition for safety and efficiency. Make sure any needed repairs are completed.
- Monitor customer relations and payments.
- When necessary, assist with driving duties
- Monitor general fleet maintenance and it pertains to good fleet availability.
- Grounds and building maintenance.
Benefits include: Compensation based on experience, Health insurance program, Dental insurance & vision insurance options, Life insurance, Dependent life insurance, Short and long term disability options, Direct deposit, 401(k) program with company match, Paid holidays & PTO, FSA and HSA options, and career mobility. Lamers promotes from within the company and is an EOE/AA employer.
About Lamers Bus Lines
Lamers Bus Lines is a family-focused company that takes pride in being a part of your community. Lamers was founded in 1944 and offers employees longevity and stability. Together we work to make sure our passengers enjoy safe and worry-free transportation every time they step on board one of our buses. Lamers Bus Lines is an EOE/AA employer.