School Bus Safety Tips
October 20, 2014
ON THE WAY TO THE BUS
1. Be Alert. Arrive at your stop at least FIVE minutes early.
2. Obey all traffic lights and signals.
3. Plan to walk with schoolmates when possible and face traffic.
4. When crossing streets, always cross at crosswalks and intersections.
5. Look both ways before crossing the street.
AT THE BUS STOP
6. Stand back from the curb or road at least three giant steps.
7. Don’t push or shove when entering or exiting and always use the steps and hand rail.
8. Always obey the bus driver and wait for the driver’s signal before crossing.
9. Always cross at least 10 feet in front of the school bus.
10. Never crawl under the bus. If you drop something under the bus, notify the bus driver.
WHEN RIDING THE BUS
11. Take your seat quietly and quickly. Remain seated while the bus is moving.
12. Keep your feet on the floor and never extend your hands, arms, head or any object out the window of the bus.
13. Talk in a quiet voice, be courteous to the driver and schoolmates and try not to distract the driver through misbehavior.